Wednesday, July 19, 2006

"Lady" update

So, yeah.... like I predicted, M. Narcissist Shymalan's "Lady in the Water" is getting destroyed full throttle. It actually may end up being the worst-reviewed major release of the year (it's currently at 09% on Rotten Tomatoes). The only reviews I've read that seem to align with how I felt about the film are the ones posted on aintitcool.com. Who knows if this will effect the box office or if "Lady" is relatively review-proof-- I'm betting on an opening in the mid-20's.

Me? I still can't defend some of it's bigger problems, but I stand by my opinion. For what it is-- a true "bedtime story" or "fairy tale" if you wish, it's creative, entertaining and always interesting. A big step up from "The Village" if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home