Friday, July 14, 2006

CHUD gets an early look at "The Fountain?!?!"



Hmmm.... somehow, Devin Faraci over at the delightful CHUD.com got a waaaaaaay early look at Darren Aronofsky's "The Fountain." For those who don't know, "The Fountain" is Aronofsky's apparently trippy, complex time-traveling follow-up to "Requiem for a Dream," starring Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz. As far as I know, the movie doesn't come out till October or so, and is easily one of my most anticipated movies of the year. Devin loved it, and has me even further anticipating it. Honestly, I have no idea how he landed this one.

Here's a taste of what he had to say:
"I know that I’m using lots of superlatives here. I would like to tone the rhetoric down, but it’s not rhetoric. It’s reality. I don’t want to create unreasonable expectations, but for me the question about The Fountain isn’t “Is this one of the best films made in decades?” but “What are the handful of films in my lifetime as beautiful and profound as this one?” "

Wow.

Check out the full review:
http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=reviews&id=7133

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home