Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's official: Jerry Bruckheimer now has more money than God

July 8, 2006

So, yeah... my (and everyone else's) prediction was right... by tomorrow night, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" will be the biggest opening weekend of all time. It also has the biggest opening day of all time: $55 million dollars. You read that right kids, for ONE DAY. For the weekend, it'll probably have about $130 million, but could get as high as 150 or 160, however doubtful. Le sigh. I can't get too depressed because I knew this would happen, but why is it always the sucky movies that do well?

Anyway, I've only spoken to two other people who saw "POTC:DMC", and neither liked it-- everyone else I know tried to go last night but got sold out. If any of you have seen it, let me know what you thought (via IMs or comments on here); I'd like to get an idea of how big a drop its going to have next weekend, and if people are hating it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home