Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Opening this weekend (3/7/08)... reviews and such

Hey all. Fairly crowded weekend coming up, should have a couple reviews for you, but won't have everything covered. Just providing this in case you would wonder why I don't have anything for the two biggest movies opening:

WIDE RELEASES

"10,000 B.C." (3,300+ theaters) -- The only screening for Roland Emmerich's latest is Wednesday night, during which I have to attend a thing for class. So thus, I will have no review, and will pay to see this on Friday. But if they're waiting till two days before opening to screen it, I would guess it's a piece of shit.

"College Road Trip" (3,000+ theaters) -- Same as above. The only screening is Wednesday night, I have to go to a class thing, so no review. It's probably also a piece of shit. Whoda thunk.

"The Bank Job" (1,350+ theaters) -- I saw this over the weekend. I'll have a review up for you by Friday

"Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" (450+ theaters) -- Saw this last week and will get a review up by Friday.


LIMITED RELEASE

"Snow Angels" (2 theaters) -- I've been really looking forward to seeing the latest David Gordon Green flick, but as of yet, no screening has been set up. I believe it's only opening in New York on Friday, so that may explain why. As soon as this is screened by me, I'll get a review up, but nothing yet.

"CJ7" (12 theaters) -- Stephen Chow's follow-up to 'Kung Fu Hustle' has been unseen by me yet, and frankly, I'll be surprised if it ever screens for press around here. Given the mediocre buzz and unlikelihood of expansion, I'm not counting on getting a chance to see this one before DVD.

"Married Life" (8 theaters) -- This tamer, breezier take on the '40s/'50s in the vein of 'Far From Heaven' starring Pierce Brosnan, Chris Cooper, Patricia Clarkson and Rachel McAdams is opening in, I'm guessing, just in NY and LA, and I caught it a few weeks back. I will try my best to have a review up sometime this Weekend.

"Paranoid Park" (2 theaters) -- Gus Van Sant's newest film focusing on slender, sexually ambiguous teenage boys opens Friday exclusively in 2 theaters in New York (IFC Center and Lincoln Plaza); I've had a screener of it lying around for a few weeks now, and have yet to watch it. Whether or not you see a review posted will let you know whether I did eventually; I'm going to try to get to it tomorrow and have a review up somewhere in the viscinity of Friday to Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home