Saturday, July 22, 2006

Woody Allen's "Scoop".... my lips are (mostly) sealed



Tonight I saw Woody Allen’s latest comedy “Scoop” starring the Woodman himself, Hugh Jackman, Ian McShane (amazing on “Deadwood”) and the frustratingly well-liked Scarlett Johansson.

I’m not going to give a full review on this movie. As some of you know, I’m interning at Focus Features for the summer and considering that “Scoop” is the latest Focus release and a lot of my work has been involving the film, it would be a conflict of interest of sorts to really review it.

All I’ll say is it’s cute, entertaining, not Allen’s best or worst, and Scarlett didn’t annoy me as much as the trailer led me to believe she would (though she’s still easily the film’s weakest link). Jackman is suave as ever, Woody’s the same old reliable, funny jew and McShane has fun with extremely limited screentime. There, that’s all you’ll get out of me.



P.S.: I’ll try to finally, FINALLY add my “Little Miss Sunshine” review this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger JUST ME said...

was it hard to get an internship with focus?

are you in nyc or LA?


raisenetts or goobers?

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home